Thursday 27 May 2010

Tears of joy and tears of sadness Part 1


This is not like my usual blog with a few photos and ideas of where to go when you come to visit us. This is a thought for today and inspiration, I want you all to get out there and live life to the full. Take a day or two off it will do you good. I did and I feel great and I want to inspire you now.
I had wanted to go to Chelsea Flower Show sure it was always about the time of my birthday and it would be a fab birthday treat. Work had me over in London so I made sure I stayed one more day in the hope that I might get in to see Chelsea.
I rarely take time off work as I work for myself. I tried everything I could think of to get tickets but they were like hens teeth. So close and yet so far!!
Well it was only a walk from my hotel. So off I set. Loads of people, loads of excitement and then I was right outside Chelsea Hospital. There was a girl and fellow dressed as Adam and Eve with very little on I may add. The atmosphere was brilliant. One of the several Chelsea Boys, all dressed in their uniform, went off and got an apple to give to Eve, it was hilarious. What if I went and asked?? I thought I probably only had seconds before they would throw me out.
Thanks to the girls of Comber Flower Club I had the best reason for wanting in. I just had to see their exhibition before they had to take it down!! Thanks girls you gave me the courage to ask.
Then there was the man in the pin striped suit, he looked very intimadating. First three words had to be right so he wouldn't say no too fast!!! He was still listening and then came HOPE. "Just stand there"
At this a family came up to the desk and told how sadly their Grand Mother couldn't come and could they get a refund for their tickets. I looked and them and they looked at me and I went into floods of tears!! Yes tears, now you know how keen I must have been to get in. I had a ticket. I was on my way into Chelsea Flower Show 2010
Thanks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment